This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
“Zimele” “us”, “we”, or “our”, means Zimele Asset Management Company Limited.
The “Service” means the Zimele website, the Zimele App, the Zimele Unit Trust, and The Zimele Personal Pension Plan.
“You”, “Data Subject” means
- Client – Anyone who uses any of our products and services and includes any person you authorize to give us instructions. “Client” includes both the masculine and the feminine gender as well as juristic person.
- Anyone who accesses our websites, portals, and apps.
- Any agent, dealer and/or merchants who has signed an agreement with us, is recognized as a merchant or agent in accordance with any applicable laws or Regulations, and/or uses any of our products and services
- Any visitor that is a person (including contractors/subcontractors or any third parties) who gains access to any Zimele premises.
- Any supplier/ service provider who has been contracted by Zimele.
Principles and obligations of personal data protection
We shall ensure that your personal data is —
(a) processed in accordance with the right to privacy of the data subject;
(b) processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to any data subject;
(c) collected for explicit, specified and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner incompatible with those purposes;
(d) adequate, relevant, limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed;
(e) collected only where a valid explanation is provided whenever information relating to family or private affairs is required;
(f) accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, with every reasonable step being taken to ensure that any inaccurate personal data is erased or rectified without delay;
(g) kept in a form which identifies the data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes which it was collected; and
(h) not transferred outside Kenya, unless there is proof of adequate data protection safeguards or consent from the data subject.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Full Names
- ID Number
- Phone Number
- Zimele Account Number
- Email Address
- Next of Kin details
- Economic activity
- Date of birth.
- Postal and physical address
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as transactions, your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Collection of Data
Zimele will collect your personal information when you do any of the following:
- Fill out a form on our website, app, portal, office, or from an approved Zimele agent.
- Use any of our products and/or service.
- Visit our website, app, portal, office, agent, or any other online platform.
- Ask Zimele for more information about a product or service or contact us on any platform;
- Where you’ve been identified as a next of kin by our customer or employee;
- Where you have applied for employment at Zimele;
- Subscribe and/or visit any of our online services, newsletter, Short Message Service (SMS), email or social media platforms;
- Respond to or participate in a survey, marketing promotion, prize competition or special offer;
- Attend an event sponsored by Zimele;
Use of Data
Zimele Asset Management Company Limited uses the collected data for various purposes which include but are not limited to:
- Open and operate your account with us
- Process your withdrawal subject to verification
- Provide and maintain the Service
- Notify you about changes to our Service
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- Provide customer care and support
- Provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- Monitor the usage of the Service
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Keep you informed about our products and services
- Verifying your identity information through publicly available and/or restricted government databases to comply with applicable Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside KENYA and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to KENYA and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Zimele Asset Management Company Limited may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Zimele Asset Management Company Limited
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us and we take all reasonable measures to protect your data.
Please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google AnalyticsGoogle Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 without the consent of by a person who has parental authority or a guardian.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Rights of a Data subject
You have a right –
(a)to be informed of the use to which your personal data is to be put;
(b) to access your personal data;
(c) to object to the processing of all or part of their personal data;
(d) to correction of false or misleading data; and
(e) to deletion of false or misleading data about you.
A right conferred on a data subject may be exercised—
(a) where the data subject is a minor, by a person who has parental authority or by a guardian;
(b) where the data subject has a mental or other disability, by a person duly authorised to act as their guardian or administrator; or
(c) in any other case, by a person duly authorised by the data subject.
Continued use of our products and services constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms of any such amendment or variation.
- By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org