The Zimele Balanced Fund allows you to invest in the long-term while managing the risk.
Members’ contributions are pooled and invested in shares of companies listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) as well as various interest earning investments.
The price of units will go up or down depending on the performance of the stock market. The component of shares in this fund makes it volatility especially in the short-term. Its focus is long-term growth, and as such, is ideal for investors with a medium-term to long term horizon.
The fund is licensed and regulated by the Capital Market Authority (CMA).
Features and Benefits:
- Returns are in the form of appreciation of units purchased (capital gains).
- Minimum deposit of Ksh. 100
- One can invest at their convenience.
- No regular deposits required.
- Charges include a one-off administration fee of 3% on every new contribution, and an annual management fee of 2.5%.
- M-Pesa option for deposits (paybill number 501101)·
- Online statements
- No minimum balance requirement
Safety of Your Money:
The Zimele Balanced Fund has KCB Bank as its Trustee and Standard Chartered Security Services as its Custodians. The role of the trustee is to safeguard the interests of the members of the Plan. The role of the custodian, who must be affiliated to a commercial bank, is to keep all investment certificates and money safely on behalf of members.